Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
HEARING AID GIVEAWAY – OCTOBER 2021
The Promoter is Woods & Woods Audiology Pty Ltd (trading as A Better Ear ABN 625 453 965), clinic address: Shop 9/21 Waterloo St, Cleveland QLD 4163. www.abetterear.com.au
The abovementioned company will be hereafter be referred to as the ‘Promoter.’
By entering this promotion, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (Terms) and the Promoter in its sole and absolute discretion may refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- To enter the competition an Entrant (Nominee) must be nominated by another person (Nominator). Self-nomination is not permitted.
- Entry is open to all permanent residents of Australia (Eligible Entrant) aged 18 years or over.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to nominate or be nominated. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or stepchild (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step- parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister or 1st cousin.
- The Promoter is responsible for determining whether a nominated person is an Eligible Entrant in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Nominees must be individuals only and cannot be acting on behalf of an organisation, group or other individual.
- The successful Nominee, on notification of winning, must provide their own legal name and confirmation of age to verify their entry in the Promotion.
2.1 The promotion period commences 9am Monday the 6th of September 2021 and ends midnight Sunday the 31st of October 2021 (“Promotional Period”). Entries received outside the Promotional Period will not be eligible. No responsibility will be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
3. How to enter
- Read and consent to the Terms and Conditions of the promotion.
- Entries must be submitted via the online entry form found at https://abetterear.com.au/giveaway/
- All details submitted via the online entry form must be valid and accurate. Failure to provide accurate and valid information may result in disqualification.
- Nominators must describe in 100 words or less why they believe their Nominee deserves to win the hearing care package (The Prize).
- Any cost associated with accessing the Promotion Page or submitting an entry is the Entrant’s responsibility.
Determining the winner
The prize winner will be determined at the complete discretion of the Giveaway Judges nominated by A Better Ear (“Judges”).
The Judges’ decision is final and binding on each person who enters the competition, and no correspondence will be entered into.
Short listed Nominee’s must attend a complimentary hearing assessment and consultation at a time stipulated by A Better Ear to qualify for the Prize.
Unless advertised differently, the prize winners will be notified by email or phone at the end of the Promotion.
If for any reason the Promoter believes the Eligible Entrant has not complied with these Terms and Conditions of the Promotion requirements, the Promoter may, in its sole and absolute discretion, refuse to award a Prize.
The Judges may select additional reserve entries, in case of an invalid entry, ineligible entrant, or where the successful nominee is unable to, or chooses not to collect their prize.
The successful Nominee must respond to the request for contact details from the Promoter within 5 business days of being contacted in order to claim their prize. Should the successful Nominee not respond within the time limit, the Promoter is within rights to contact the next eligible Nominee.
If for any reason the Promoter believes the Eligible Entrant has not complied with these Terms or the Promotion requirements, the Promoter may, in its sole and absolute discretion, refuse to award a Prize.
- There will be one hearing care package to win. The hearing care package will include:
- A pair of Unitron's premium level Moxi Blu 9 rechargeable hearing aids with Bluetooth
- A Unitron Combi Charger case
- 4-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Custom made ear moulds (as clinically indicated)
- Up to 5 Audiological consultations in the first year
- 12 months of over-the-counter support
- 12 months of hearing aid consumables
- Dollar values are in Australian Dollars and inclusive of GST.
- The Prize cannot be exchanged, transferred, redeemed for cash or sold.
- The Prize must be taken as offered and cannot and will not be varied, except at the Promotors sole discretion.
- The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any damage in the redemption of their prize.
- If for any reason the successful Nominee does not redeem the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
- If the prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to equal value.
- As a condition of entering this promotion, each Nominator and Nominee licences the Promoter to use their entry in any media for an unlimited period for any reason including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes. Entrants consent to any use of their entry which may otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
- The Nominator and Nominee consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness and image in the event that they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) taking of or participation in the prize.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers and prize suppliers. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt-out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.